If you would like your business to employ highly motivated and high energy level employees, then investing in the workplace atmosphere and facilities will help and will beat stress significantly. Research confirms that if your employees are stressed, then that will cost you even more money in missed workdays and increased on-the-job injuries over both the short term and the long term.
In addition to the negative repercussions of having stressed out employees, your business may be experiencing lower productivity and poor quality of output. It is both clear and obvious that some very cost effective strategies could minimize and beat stress on the job. And provide your employees with opportunities to reduce other stress related problems.
6 Ways To Help Your Employees Beat Stress And Work More
Below is a list of 6 ways in which you can help your company reduce and beat stress for your employees while increasing the output of your business:
1. Provide an attractive and comfortable work environment whenever possible to reduce and beat stress. Pleasant surroundings can do more for a person’s attitude then we often realize. Create a less formal atmosphere by adding plants or improved decoration. Even if that is just in a rest room, it will help.
2. Supply a quiet room for your employees to take their breaks in. Not the canteen or games room, this room should be separate from the normal “hustle and bustle” of the workplace. A room that they can use get away from their desk for a few minutes. It will give your employees an opportunity of a quick 10 minute break from work and any work related stress that they may be experiencing.
3. Instead of giving orders 100% of the time, try to create opportunities for employees to make decisions that will directly affect their job performance. This gives them a sense of personal power and beat stress because they feel they have some control.
4. Thank your employees for work accomplished and recognize them for exemplary performance. A quick thank you will go a long way in reducing complaints and beating stress. Be genuine and only thank when workers have worked well otherwise you will be rewarding sub-standard activities.
5. Always choose ergonomically sound equipment, tools, and furniture. These will make work easier for your staff, reduce workplace injuries and therefore limit any compensation claims. In addition, workplace stress will be reduced and staff, equipped with the correct tools, will be more productive.
6. Go out of your way to create opportunities for the employees to meet, socialize and build relationships away from work. Set up a bowling team from work where you gather and play once in a while or maybe dine out with them. Without work related conversations.
When your staff realize you have their interests in mind and are doing all you can to improve working conditions, they will respond positively. And you will see an improved atmosphere and productivity. Help your employees beat stress by doing something for them. A little bit effort will go a long way.
Here are other resources for you to read: